Our client is a growing non asset based 3PL and is adding a Business Development Executive to their team.
You will grow company profits by finding new clients and by developing strong relationships with existing customers through continual needs assessment, solution development, and solution delivery. You will need to achieve consistent growth, year over year in revenue, load count, and in the value of customer relationships.
- Demonstrate strong prospecting skills and strong selling techniques
- Grow volume and profitability of existing customers
- Focus on securing lanes over loads, regular shipper over irregular shippers: Finding and developing customers with repeat, truckload volume.
- Demonstrate ongoing progress toward, meeting or exceeding all specified company goals for, e.g., revenue, spread, load count
- Close deals, set appointments, and update customer on status, problems, issues, and follow up after delivery. Ensure the TMS contains all necessary information concerning shipments, freight handling requirements, and all customer needs and expectations
- Pricing proficiency and creativity, relating to:
- Pricing services to customers and estimating costs of carrier services
- Negotiating pricing and service alternatives with customers
- Establish meetings with a purpose with customers and prospects on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrate a “business case” in advance of field travel to customers and prospects
- Demonstrate proficiency scheduling travel to minimize drive time and maximize meeting times.
- Work successfully with the members of your team, your supervisor, and all other staff. Ensure your responsibilities are covered when out of the office.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills