Our client is committed to providing superior next-day, day-definite, and time-definite regional LTL services. Customers experience careful handling and on-time performance through their network that covers the northeastern United States; Quebec, Canada; and Puerto Rico.
The LTL Sales Executive will develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients in order to increase revenue. The representative will ensure that services align with account needs as well as continually educating customers on new services and programs. They are responsible for providing sales forecasts and meeting sales goals.
The position requires transportation sales experience, high energy, strong analytical skills, excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to exceed customer expectations.
- Maintain thorough understanding of the customer’s account needs on various levels
- Continually maintain current customer account relationships
- Actively pursue new business opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of the various sales channels and market trends in the trucking industry
- Accurately plan and forecast sales by product segment and customer
- Accountable for achieving sales goals
- Manage expense budget
- Help identify and communicate product needs to the Sales Management team
- Maintain a valid drivers’ license
- Three to five years’ successful outside sales experience. LTL experience preferred
- 4 year undergraduate degree (preferred)
- Experience making daily sales calls within territory
- Must be willing to live within territory or surrounding area