Our client is a leader in the Logistics industry with a focus on Trucking, Expedited, Intermodal, Dedicated, Bulk, Transportation Management, Transloading Services, Drayage, Warehousing, Port Logistics, Supply Chain Solutions, and Transportation Brokerage. They are currently seeking a Director of Business Development to help lead the Sales efforts for customers in the Midwest.
Travel is roughly 50% in this territory.
This position is remote with travel as needed. Competitive base salary with an uncapped quarterly bonus potential!
1. Gain new clients who have Transportation and Supply Chain needs through lead generation. Focus will be on DCC
2. Weekly face to face sales calls with potential and current clients.
3. Write and present proposal of Transportation services to potential customers.
4. Negotiate contracts for new business
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. 7-10 years of Outside Sales experience in the Logistics industry with a focus on Contract Logistics or 4PL.
3. Excellent Customer Service skills in order to achieve goals and client satisfaction.
4. Strong negotiation and written and oral communication skills.
5. Experience with MS Office including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.