Our client is a leader in the Beverage industry and is looking for a motivated Transportation Manager to manage all inbound and outbound transportation.
This position will report directly to Director of Operations and work closely with the Customer Service Manager and Warehouse Operations.
4-year college degree and 5 years of experience in the logistics field. (3PL environment)
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Comfortable working with new technology.
Experienced working with carriers and brokers. FTL/LTL
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other functions within an organization.
Previous experience with Transportation Management Systems a plus.
* Responsible for managing all inbound and outbound freight.
* Oversee the load tendering process.
* Resolve escalated logistics issues for customers.
* Work closely with customer service to resolve TMS errors.
* Ensure integrity of data within TMS.
* Develop and maintain carrier/broker relationships to ensure the right mix of carriers for the rapidly growing volume.
* Work with Director of Operations to set and deliver annual freight budget plan.
* Conduct freight bids as needed to maximize freight spend.