As a Regional Sales Manager, you will develop new accounts and secure an established customer base. You will be responsible for the development of business from new and existing customers to expand business volume.
The RSM will evaluate customers existing service, lanes, and budget, and propose a new transportation solution.
- Market and promote transportation products and services. (FTL/LTL/Intermodal)
- Determine transportation solutions that best meet the customer’s needs and financial requirements
- Maintain a multi-million-dollar book of business int he greater Columbus area
- Analyze information regarding the customer’s transportation lanes, inbound & outbound, pricing logistics
- Conduct in person visits with existing and potential customers
- Advise customers about different transportation solutions (IM, Van, Dedicated Services and Specialized).
- Solicit new sales by developing leads and cold calling potential customers
- Extensive travel is required
- 2-4 years experience in selling domestic transportation solutions to clients (asset or non asset).
- Ability to generate leads and cold call customers
- Must be able to travel in the Ohio River Valley
- Strong negotiator and clear communicator of transportation/shipping solutions