Our client is an asset-based 3PL specializing in transportation solutions across the USA and Canada. They serve major industries including construction, oil and gas products, and steel.
They are currently hiring a Freight Brokerage Manager. This position will be located in Pittsburgh PA. The role can be remote if necessary.
- Develop solutions for new and existing customers by utilizing company services to generate and strengthen business relationships and increase revenue
- Present a full range of over the road shipping services to customers (FTL/LTL)
- Ensure your team is proficient in utilizing software tools to negotiate freight rates to the customer that generate strong profit margins
- Motivate and assist team members to achieve goals
- Thrive in a fast paced environment while under pressure
- Train and team members to effectively negotiate and build relationships with customers
- High School Diploma or College Degree
- 5 years sales and operations experience in a full truckload/ third party logistics environment
- Prefer experience in all modes: dry van, flatbed, oversized loads, reefer and intermodal shipments
- 3 years experience in a management role leading a freight brokerage team
- McLeod or TMW experience a plus