Our client is an asset-based 3PL specializing in transportation solutions across the USA and Canada. They serve major industries including construction, oil and gas products, and steel.
They are currently hiring a Logistics Account Specialist.
You will act as a liaison between customers and carriers. You will secure new accounts, and communicate with dispatchers and drivers to track the status of loads. You will negotiate contracts with carriers to optimize profits. You will need to maintain knowledge of freight carriers (Full truckload/Flatbed, etc), and be effective in attracting new customers and ensuring customer retention.
- Generate leads and attract new shippers (Dry Van, Reefer, Flatbed)
- Identify safe carriers for freight services.
- Provide customers with shipping quotes.
- Book orders with carriers.
- Track status of loads.
- Communicate with customers, carriers and dispatchers
- Update customers on status of shipments
- Must have market knowledge of transportation trends in the US
- At least 3 years experience in a 3PL setting (Brokerage preferred)
- Experience with a TMS system
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient negotiating skills
- Ability to meet sales targets
Base salary, which depends on experience, and a favorable performance based bonus plan. Additionally, a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid Life Insurance, and 401K with company match.