Our client is currently a fast growing asset based logistics provider and has opened a new operations center in Pittsburgh, PA. They have launched a new Brokerage Department and have an immediate need for a leader to plan and manage the daily activities of the brokerage. Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 years experience in an asset based, 3PL, or Brokerage (OTR).
- Oversee the Freight Brokerage business unit and manage performance using operational and financial measures.
- Work with asset management to maximize overall freight capacity in the company portfolio; asset-based and Specialized opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to grow business with existing customers and bring on new customers.
- Direct the Carrier team in strategic activities.
- Develop a process-driven operations culture to ensure great service to our customers.
- Communicate employment needs Human Resources to determine best plan of action regarding staffing.
- Create weekly reports for business unit revenues, net, margin, and key performance indicators.
- Minimum of 3 Years' experience with Freight Brokerage operations.
- Minimum of 3 Years' experience in Management/Supervisor Role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communication, Supply Chain, or comparable experience/education.
- Experience with TMS systems. (TMW, McLeod, Etc.)
- Experience monitoring KPI's and being accountable for a department.
- Must be an effective communicator.