Our client is an asset-based Transportation company specializing in flatbed transportation solutions across the USA. They own several hundred power units, loyal drivers, and an established customer base engaged in construction, oil, and steel.
They are currently hiring a Fleet Manager with an extensive background in Trucking Operations
. You will be challenged to take ownership of your assigned duties. Flatbed Carrier experience required.
- Responsible for managing the pick-up and delivery functions needed to ensure a positive contribution to the achievement of company objectives
- Working with the Safety Department and Compliance Department to promote positive driver relations, safe operations, and reduction of driver turnover
- Responsible for maximizing equipment and asset utilization
- Maintains a high level of accuracy in data entry and control of information input
- Ensures consistent adherence to company policies
- Insure Driver success through effective communication and strong relationships
- Coach Drivers on time management issues including HOS management, and off-duty time to ensure drivers are resting properly. Audit Driver logs for compliance with current regulations
- Transportation industry experience with a flatbed carrier preferred
- TMW, McLeod, or prior experience with similar operating software/hardware
- Capable of dealing effectively at all levels of the customer’s organization
- Computer literate with solid math skills
- College Degree or comparable combination of education and experience