Our client is an asset based 3PL offering specialized services such as pipe logistics, brokerage, flatbed, heavy haul, and a dedicated services division.
This position will be responsible for managing the brokerage sales team and will be responsible for the performance of the brokerage sales division. You will also create and maintain a high performing sales culture that will contribute to revenue growth. You will be a key member of the leadership team.
· Lead the brokerage division’s sales team
· Achieve assigned sales goals
. Set monthly, quarterly and yearly KPI goals based on volume, revenue, and gross margin growth for each shipper
· Create and develop new sales opportunities through researching the market
· Identify opportunities for the customer’s transportation needs
· Manage RFP process from generating leads to successful closing
· Participate in meetings, present proposals and solutions, and close business
· Establish relationships with internal and external customers
· Build sales strategies and work with the marketing team for leads.
· Manage and lead the sales team
· Handle rate negotiations and discuss pricing with customers for all OTR modes of transportation.
· 6+ years of brokerage sales experience
· 2+ years of leadership or management experience with a freight brokerage
· Knowledge of the trucking and transportation brokerage industry
· Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong negotiation skills