Our client is a well known importer of premium products within the Food & Beverage industry. Headquartered in Bergen County, NJ, they are seeking a Logistics Coordinator who will oversee the daily logistics activity within their assigned region/territory.
Areas of responsibility will include Contract Transportation and Contract Distribution Operations. You will work with Transportation Vendors, 3rd Party Warehouses, and Customers.
• Tracking of inbound shipments with contracted Transportation and Warehouse providers. Including typical receipt transactions within the ERP. (EDI driven)
• Coordination and tracking of outbound shipments with contracted Warehouse and Transportation providers. This includes typical order fill/shipment transactions within the ERP. (EDI driven)
• Coordination and tracking of DC to DC transfers with contracted Transportation and Warehouse vendors. • Explore routing and vendor assignment alternatives to balance cost efficiencies with service requirements • Use solid inventory control principles to drive high levels of inventory accuracy within the ERP
• Analyze “At Risk SKU’s” at assigned warehouses by routinely reviewing stock levels for short and long positions based on Open Orders against stock, Inventory Aging, and Inventory Turns. Communicate findings to the Sourcing Department
• Report on the Performance Metrics set by leadership in the areas of Service & Cost.
• 3PL invoice audits
• 10 years Logistics experience, CPG experience a plus.
• Previous 3rd Party Vendor Management required.
• Strong knowledge of Regional Transportation Environments required with strong emphasis on LTL & TL.
• Strong knowledge of Physical Distribution Environments to include Costs, and Common Practices of Storage, Handling, and Inventory Control and automated coordination of those activities through EDI.
• SAP Transactional experience required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
• Strong communication skills; written and verbal.