The Freight Agent Recruiter will be responsible for sourcing, interviewing and onboarding Independent Freight Agents for our client. The position is a base salary with potential for monthly commission. Travel for remote employees will be 25% with trips to headquarters, and some travel based on the location of prospects.
- Partner with appropriate team members to anticipate and plan for staffing needs in advance of required start date.
- Sources candidates through cold calling, referrals, networking, career fairs, and other avenues.
- Pre-screen, interview, assess, and hire top-quality Freight Agents.
- Perform background and reference checks on all potential candidates prior to job offer.
- Send proper Information regarding bonus structure, the Company’s Contractual agreement.
- Schedules and attends job fairs.
- Follow up with all leads as needed.
- Associate's degree required.
- Five years of recruiting experience, (Logistics preferred)
- Proven work experience as a corporate recruiter or staffing agency.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.