Our client is a transportation services company that integrates rail, road, ocean and air to solve any customer supply chain issue. With several thousand team members and a network of railroads, terminals, and ports across the USA, they have been helping customers since the 1980's.
• Manage quoting for Ocean and Air transportation including RFQ, RFP.
• Managing the booking of shipments and maintaining upcoming SVC both Steamship and Airline w/ IATA and NVOCC Licenses.
• Establish operating budgets from forecasts provided by historical data .
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of all international operations.
• Ensure positive relationships between customers including Class I partners and freight customers.
• Accountable for the hiring and training of the operations team to conduct all international business.
• Accountable for customer satisfaction through close contact and management of systems providing accurate accountability of all international logistics activity such as ocean and air shipments, drayage, and customs clearance.
• Accountable for the adherence to safety and environmental law compliance.
Direct management of Logistics Coordinators, Office Services, Supervisors, and hourly employees in the International Logistics department.
• Indirectly Supervises:
Dispatch, Customer Support, Customs Clearance and billing.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 plus years of relevant international logistics experience, customs clearance exposure and execution, accounting procedures, or equivalent combination of education and International Logistics experience.
Must be able to read and interpret shipment documents, customs clearance documents, safety rules, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.