Our client offers transportation and cargo handling solutions for bulk, containers, liquids, and project cargo throughout U.S. waterways.
The Account Executive is responsible for the freight management of shipments and customer accounts. This position has various responsibilities including sales, customer spot pricing, carrier price negotiation, and operational freight brokerage duties.
- Develop carrier and customer base
- Utilize various prospecting methods to solicit freight
- Cultivate and encourage customer growth
- Create cost-effective solutions that will attract and retain customers
- Manage both broker and customer service aspects of customer accounts
- Communicate with customers, carriers and internal departments
- Manage carrier negotiations and negotiate freight rates
- 2 years brokerage operations experience preferred
- Over the road transportation knowledge
- Experience with sales and business development
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Word; generate ad-hoc reports
- Must be able to work independently when making decisions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment