Over the past several decades, our clients' expertise has evolved beyond general transportation to include more specialized services such as brokerage capabilities, flatbed, heavy haul, transportation of forestry by-products, and the recently added dedicated services division. They are seeking a Director of Business Development to work remotely and sell brokerage solutions to customers in an assigned territory.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying leads and selling logistics solutions through a consultative sales approach with a focus on Brokerage solutions.
- Contribute to the strategic growth of the company by finding and closing customer opportunities.
- Develop an open line of communication between the company and customers.
- Maintain an open line of communication with the necessary internal associates from various functions within the organization.
- Communicate service interruptions to customers and in order to maintain good working relationships and retention.
- College degree and five years related experience selling domestic transportation solutions. Focus on Brokerage (over the road).
- Ability to travel as required in meeting essential duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid Driver’s License